The spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) has a bigger and bigger influence on this year’s music festivals. As governments take precautions, festivals are cancelled or postponed. With this liveblog and overview of the status of Europe’s music festivals, we keep you posted on the latest updates.
Many countries and cities have taken measures to combat the spread of the coronavirus. With these restrictions in place, there has been much talk about the festivals and concerts programmed for this summer.
In this liveblog, we will keep track of all the latest updates about the coronavirus’ influence on music festivals. Below the liveblog, you will also find a list of the cancelled and postponed festivals. We will keep this overview updated as more statements are released.
- Pitchfork Music Festival Berlin, DE: 8-9 May.
- The Great Escape, UK: 13-16 May.
- All Points East, UK: 22-31 May.
- Heartland Festival, DK: 29-31 May.
- Sweden Rock, SE: 3-6 June.
- NorthSide, DK: 4-6 June.
- Wide Awake, UK: 5 June.
- Ejekt Festival, GR: 5 June.
- Orange Warsaw Festival, PL: 5-6 June.
- Rock am Ring & Rock im Park, DE: 5-7 June.
- We Love Green, FR: 6-7 June.
- Mystic Festival, PL: 10-11 June.
- Nova Rock Festival, AT: 10-13 June.
- Bergenfest, NO: 10-13 June.
- Greenfield Festival, CH: 11-13 June.
- Isle of Wight Festival, UK: 11-14 June.
- Lovebox, UK: 12-14 June.
- Download Festival, UK: 12-14 June.
- Best Kept Secret, NL: 12-14 June.
- Parklife, UK: 13-14 June.
- Festival de Nîmes, FR: 16 June-24 July.
- Copenhell, DK: 17-20 June.
- Rock for People, CZ: 18-20 June.
- Graspop, BE: 18-21 June.
- Hellfest, FR: 19-21 June.
- Solidays, FR: 19-21 June.
- Pinkpop, NL: 19-21 June
- Hurricane & Southside, DE: 19-21 June.
- Rock in Rio Lisbon, PT: 20-21 & 27-28 June.
- Hideout, HR: 21-25 June.
- INmusic Festival, HR: 22-24 June.
- Glastonbury Festival, UK: 24-28 June.
- Tons of Rock, NO: 25-27 June.
- Tinderbox, DK: 25-27 June.
- Garorock, FR: 25-28 June.
- Lollapalooza Stockholm, SE: 26-28 June.
- Secret Solstice, IS: 26-28 June.
- Awakenings Festival, NL: 27-28 June.
- Roskilde Festival, DK: 27 June-4 July.
- Open’er Festival, PL: 1-4 July.
- VOLT Festival, HU: 1-4 July.
- Les Eurockéennes, FR: 2-4 July.
- Rock Werchter, BE: 2-5 July.
- Festival Beauregard, FR: 2-5 July.
- BST Hyde Park, UK: 2-12 July.
- Down the Rabbit Hole, NL: 3-5 July.
- Main Square Festival, FR: 3-5 July.
- Wireless Festival, UK: 3-5 July.
- Longitude, IE: 3-5 July.
- Ruisrock, FI: 3-5 July.
- Montreux Jazz Festival, CH: 3-18 July.
- Balaton Sound, HU: 8- 12 July.
- Pohoda Festival, SK: 9-11 July.
- Splash! Festival, DE: 9-11 July.
- North Sea Jazz, NL: 9-12 July.
- TRNSMT Festival, UK: 10-12 July.
- Home Festival, IT: 10-12 July.
- Festival Musilac, FR: 11-14 July.
- Colours of Ostrava, CZ: 15-18 July.
- Dour, BE: 15-19 July.
- Latitude Festival, UK: 16-19 July.
- Les Vieilles Charrues, FR: 16-19 July.
- Positivus Festival, LV: 17-18 July.
- Melt Festival, DE: 17-19 July.
- Tomorrowland, BE: 17-19 & 24-26 July.
- Lollapalooza Paris, FR: 18-19 July.
- Paléo Festival, CH: 20-26 July.
- Bluedot Festival, UK: 23-26 July.
- Wacken Open Air, DE: 30 July-1 August.
- Pol’and’Rock, PL: 30 July-1 August.
- All Together Now, IE: 31 July-2 August.
August & September:
- Smukfest, DK: 5-9 August.
- Open Flair Festival, DE: 5-9 August.
- Sziget, HU: 5-11 August.
- Bloodstock Open Air, UK: 6-9 August.
- Øyafestivalen, NO: 11-15 August.
- Boomtown Fair, UK: 12-16 August.
- Cabaret Vert, FR: 20-23 August.
- Pukkelpop, BE: 20-23 August.
- Kraków Live Festival, PL: 21-22 August.
- Lowlands, NL: 21-23 August.
- Zürich Openair, CH: 26-29 August.
- Mysteryland, NL: 28-30 August.
- Lollapalooza Berlin, DE: 5-6 September.
- Superbloom, DE: 5-6 September.
- Tomavistas Festival, ES: 21-23 May – postponed until 3-5 September.
- This Is Tomorrow, UK: 22-24 May – postponed until 14-16 August.
- Slam Dunk, UK: 23-24 May – postponed until 5-6 September.
- Primavera Sound, ES: 3-7 June – postponed until 26-30 August.
- NOS Primavera Sound, PT: 11-13 June – postponed until 3-5 September.
- Metronome Festival, CZ: 18-20 June – postponed until 17-19 September.
We’re all in this together!
Remember: stay safe and take care of yourselves during these difficult times. By taking care of yourself and being conscious of those around you, we will get through this and get to enjoy the awesome summer that we all deserve!