March hasn’t been easy for the music industry with the COVID-19 outbreak spreading all over the world: many festivals and full tours have already been cancelled or postponed. But there are also some very good singles and album releases worthy of interest, let’s take a look.
The Weeknd – After Hours
Canadian artist The Weeknd released his fourth studio album to critical acclaim on 20 March on XO and Republic Records. The album was preceded by the singles ‘Heartless’, ‘Blinding Lights’, ‘In Your Eyes’; the title track was also released as a promotional single.
Childish Gambino – 3.15.20
3.15.20 is the fourth studio album of Donald Glover aka Childish Gambino. The American rapper uploaded the album on his official website and after 12 hours it was officially released. The title is the date on which the album has been released and the song titles refer to the time when they appear on the album.
Run The Jewels – Ooh LA LA
‘Ohh LA LA’ is the second single taken from the upcoming Run The Jewels 4. The hip hop duo is supposed to support Rage Against The Machine in the next world tour but all the gigs for April and May have already been cancelled.
Dua lipa – Future Nostalgia
English singer Dua Lipa published her second studio album named Future Nostalgia on 27 March and it has been very well received by critics. The record was anticipated by the singles ‘Don’t Start Now’, ‘Physical’ and ‘Break My Heart’.
Pearl Jam – Gigaton
March marked also the return of Pearl Jam: the legendary band from Seattle released their eleventh studio album titled Gigaton. Sadly, at the moment, the whole North American tour has been rescheduled because of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds released Blue Moon Rising EP.
- Four Tet published his tenth studio album called Sixteen Oceans.
- Die Antwoord unexpectedly released their fifth album House Of Zef.
- Colores by J Balvin is out
- Sufjan Stevens published Aporia in collaboration with his stepfather Lowell Brams.
- Morrissey released his thirteenth studio album named I Am Not a Dog on a Chain.
- Nine Inch Nails dropped two surprise new albums.
- Insomnia is the new collaboration album between Skepta, Chip and Young Adz.